Safer Gambling Week - 2020
19th -25th November 2020
Safer Gambling Week 2020 will shortly be with us - this is an important event for bingo and the entire gambling sector:
- it allows us to further promote safer gambling messages to customers, with a single common voice
- it is a great opportunity to remind all players of the information, support and help that is available 365, every year
- it provides an opportunity to show all parties what the industry and partners quietly do everyday of the year
The planning for the Week starts in February of each year and despite the challenges everyone has faced in 2020 regular campaign updates and briefs have been circulated by the SGWeek team, both through trade associations and direct to operators and supporting organisation registered with the Safer Gambling Week website.
The latest Brief issued was aimed at front line tram members and gives an over view of the week:
Promotional Briefing - October 2020
The latest Campaign Update, already circulated to Association members, was issued following the announcement by the Prime Minister that England was going into a second national lockdown form Thursday 5th November.
SG Week takes place in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland, all of which are experiencing varying changing levels of of COVID-19 infection and subject to differing restrictions. While physical premises will be closed in England during SG Week 20:
- Physical businesses elsewhere may still be open
- Online businesses will still be operational
- Physical businesses that are closed will still be able to support and promote SG Week
SGWeek20 social media accounts are active on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram #SGWeek20
Below is a short Campaign Update which outlines what supporters are asked to do, if possible, during lockdown. The key ask is for closed businesses to:
- participate and promote via their website, social media and email activity with customers
- display SG Week material in their shop windows, where possible
Campaign Update - COVID-19 Restrictions - November 2020
A wide range of digital assets have been produced for SG Week and are available FREE of charge from the Safer Gambling Week website, either via the Get Involved section or RESOURCES. The SG Week team are still abel to repose to requests for resized and customer artwork.
Safer Gambling Week 2020 artworks for promotional and messaging materials, including posters, web banners, social media collateral, contact cards, leaflets and digital animations, are available, FREE of charge, for all participants. The materials use a range fo six key messages to engage with audiences, with each providing details of free confidential contact points for further information and advice, and social media platforms. The key messages are:
- Ask yourself... have you carried on past your spending limit?
- Just a heads up... its good to set yourself limits
- Just a heads up... its easy to lose track of time when gambling
- Play smart... know when to stop
- Remember... friends and family are more important than gambling
- Remember... gambling is not a way to make money